We've extended the family! We added a little boy to the mix last Tuesday, August 12th. He has been extremely entertaining thus far, as well as a little bit of an increase in our daily responsibilities. I promise, they don't get any cuter than this! He was born June 24th, almost 8 weeks old and weighs an entire 2 pounds. Part toy poodle, part pomeranian = a pomapoo! We adopted him from a shelter in Williamson, WV. His estimated adult weight is around 7 pounds, but with the way he eats, I think he'll be a little bigger...
His name is Hendrix. Yes, like Jimi Hendrix. No, he is not his namesake. Just that they both coincidently have really cool names.
Nick loves him!... but how could you not?!
Things he likes to do so far:
- Laying on top of your feet... if you stand still for 3 seconds, he'll seemingly come out of nowhere to plop on top of your footsies. He keeps my little piggies warm in the morning when I'm doing my make-up :)
- Bouncing off the walls, rolling around, sliding on the hardwood floor, chasing his ball, tug-o-war with his little rope, and any toy that squeaks.
- Exploring new surroundings - he's not afraid of anything! He loves people, animals, things he can chew on, things he can pee on... Truly, we've been walking him in different neighborhoods, visiting both sets of grandparents, and he's so excited to greet everyone and thing we meet.
- PEEING! But he's doing really great with finding the potty pad and going outside whenever we take him. I'm such a proud mommy.
- Learning to climb stairs. He's amazingly powerful. He'll be scaling large buildings before you know it.
- CUDDLING! Just what I needed in my puppy.
- Loving on my teddy bears that I so unselfishly put in his crate so he didn't feel lonely at night. And I mean he loooooves on them. I won't go into any further details.
My new nap partner.
Can you spot the puppy within all the fluff? These are the bears I mentioned. I don't think I'll be getting them back anytime soon.
The one thing he hates: baths! He's just a little wet rat without all the fur.